Different companies have different interview rounds.Some companies prefer a Phone Interview with the Candidates before calling them for a face to face interview.The goal of a telephone interview is to get a face to face interview.
Schedule An Appointment :
- Who calls who? : Employers often prefer to call candidates at their convenience, but employers may ask a candidate to call them to test how serious they are.
- Confirm All Aspects of the Phone Interview like such as the date, time, and who you will be talking to.
Prepare for the Phone Interview
- Research the job and the company so you are prepared to discuss the organization and your role.
- Practice to talk clearly,slowly and sound confident over the phone.Do not sound rushed or anxious.
- Insure you are in a location where you will have no distractions.
- Make preparation notes (questions), if you are aware of the topics you are about to be interviewed about you can have self prepared notes at your nearest.
- Keep your resume, pen, paper, calendar, company information by the phone.
- Find a quiet place to take the call, you don’t want to have radio, TV, children or pets in the background.
During the Interview :
- Ask the interviewer’s name and contact information so that you can call or email him back.
- Don’t chew gum, smoke, drink or eat during phone interviews.
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- Be a good listener. Allow the interviewer finish his question before you respond. Ask for clarification if necessary.
- Don’t answer in yes/no unless required, expand your answers in order to give the interviewer an understanding of who you are.
- Ask questions. It shows your interest in the position. But don’t ask questions about salary and benefits.
- Take note during the phone interview.
- Always ask about the next step. Your goal of the phone interview is to get a face-to-face interview.
Check out these 2 Video’s about How To Prepare and Master The Phone Interviews
EAMCET 2009 final results have been recently released and many might be in doubt about where they could get a seat for their rank.Sakshi News Paper is conducting a EAMCET ...
TOEFL : Test Of English As Foreign Language, measures how well you read, listen, speak and write in English and use these skills together in the university classroom, and ...
You need to Pay RS. 5502 /- as the visa Application Fees( Subject to change) and 322 Rs as the HDFC service charges at the HFDC Bank, you'll ...
Masters (M.S) in Computer Science in the USA is the most popular degree for students from INDIA and other countries,Confused about where and in which university you would an admission ...
GRE is mandatory for admission in most US Universities for Admission into Graduate Schools.It dependent on the department you choose for your Masters.Here’s a list of schools in the US ...
GRE Exam can be taken anytime in the year,but only once per calendar month, and no more than five times within any 12-month period. As one of the commenter's asked ...
Before you even start applying to universities for Master's in US or any other country as a foreign national, you are supposed to take exams like GRE and TOEFL which ...
To book your slot for GRE, here's a step by step guide.
Head to GRE.org
Click Register for a GRE Test
Select GRE General Test
In the How To Register Tab, Click Register For ...
Engineering is the most sought after career path that many students take and it is also a very important decision to make with regards to which to choose from the ...
Photographs of size as mentioned on the DS Form's. Original Passport HDFC Bank VISA Fees Receipts ...
EAMCET 2009 Mock Counseling – Check Where You Could Get a Seat Based On Your
TOEFL : What & Who Needs To Give This Exam
Steps To Schedule A F1 Visa Interview
US University Acceptance Estimator
US Universities : GRE Not Required Graduate Admission
GRE Test Centers In India
What Is GRE and TOEFL ?? Who Needs To Give These Exams
GUIDE : How To Book Your GRE Slot
Tips On How To Choose A Good Engineering College
Documents You Need For The VISA Interview