Different companies have different interview rounds.Some companies prefer a Phone Interview with the Candidates before calling them for a face to face interview.The goal of a telephone interview is to get a face to face interview.
Schedule An Appointment :
- Who calls who? : Employers often prefer to call candidates at their convenience, but employers may ask a candidate to call them to test how serious they are.
- Confirm All Aspects of the Phone Interview like such as the date, time, and who you will be talking to.
Prepare for the Phone Interview
- Research the job and the company so you are prepared to discuss the organization and your role.
- Practice to talk clearly,slowly and sound confident over the phone.Do not sound rushed or anxious.
- Insure you are in a location where you will have no distractions.
- Make preparation notes (questions), if you are aware of the topics you are about to be interviewed about you can have self prepared notes at your nearest.
- Keep your resume, pen, paper, calendar, company information by the phone.
- Find a quiet place to take the call, you don’t want to have radio, TV, children or pets in the background.
During the Interview :
- Ask the interviewer’s name and contact information so that you can call or email him back.
- Don’t chew gum, smoke, drink or eat during phone interviews.
- Speak slowly and clearly.
- Be a good listener. Allow the interviewer finish his question before you respond. Ask for clarification if necessary.
- Don’t answer in yes/no unless required, expand your answers in order to give the interviewer an understanding of who you are.
- Ask questions. It shows your interest in the position. But don’t ask questions about salary and benefits.
- Take note during the phone interview.
- Always ask about the next step. Your goal of the phone interview is to get a face-to-face interview.
Check out these 2 Video’s about How To Prepare and Master The Phone Interviews
Graduate Record Exam (GRE), measures verbal reasoning, quantitative reasoning, and critical thinking and analytical writing skills and is mandatory for admission into most Graduate Schools Across USA.To give your GRE ...
EAMCET Counseling is scheduled to begin in few days from now, It better you get your list of documents ready for the counseling day.The exact date is not yet decided, ...
Engineering is the most sought after career path that many students take and it is also a very important decision to make with regards to which to choose from the ...
EAMCET 2009 final results have been recently released and many might be in doubt about where they could get a seat for their rank.Sakshi News Paper is conducting a EAMCET ...
If you are an Civils Service aspirant for UPSC Civils Exam then this book is highly useful in knowing all the news and events that made headlines in INDIA during ...
TOEFL : Test Of English As Foreign Language, measures how well you read, listen, speak and write in English and use these skills together in the university classroom, and ...
Business Process Outsourcing (BPO) involves the contracting of the operations and responsibilities of a specific business functions (or processes) to a third-party service provider.BPO Services started in India in the ...
GRE is mandatory for admission in most US Universities for Admission into Graduate Schools.It dependent on the department you choose for your Masters.Here’s a list of schools in the US ...
GRE Exam can be taken anytime in the year,but only once per calendar month, and no more than five times within any 12-month period. As one of the commenter's asked ...
Photographs of size as mentioned on the DS Form's. Original Passport HDFC Bank VISA Fees Receipts ...
How To Check For Availability Of Dates For GRE Test
EAMCET and ICET 2009 Counseling Required Documents
Tips On How To Choose A Good Engineering College
EAMCET 2009 Mock Counseling – Check Where You Could Get a Seat Based On Your
India Year Book 2008 For Civil Service Aspirants
TOEFL : What & Who Needs To Give This Exam
What Is Business Process Outsourcing ?
US Universities : GRE Not Required Graduate Admission
GRE Test Centers In India
Documents You Need For The VISA Interview