National Aluminum Company Limited(NALCO), a Navratna Company is the largest integrated Alumina – Aluminum complex of Asia, having state of the art technology, with its present turnover of around Rs. 7000 Crores, is going for further growth and expansion within India & across the globe and has openings for the posts of Graduate Engineer Trainee (GET) for 61 in the disciplines of Mechanical, Electrical, Metallurgy, Instrumentation, Civil, Chemical, Electronics, Geology and Mining.
VACANCIES – 61
- The vacancies exist for unreserved(UR) – 31 and reserved category i.e. Scheduled Castes (SC)- 09,Scheduled Tribes (ST)- 03 and Other Backward Class (OBC)- 18.
- 17 posts are reserved for PWD[OH(07),HH(08) and VH(02)] as per Govt. of India directives including backlog vacancies. The posts are identified for Mechanical, Electrical, Civil, Chemical, Instrumentation, Electronics and Geology as and where applicable as against horizontal reservation as per the Govt. guidelines.
Required Qualifications :
Full time regular Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Technology with not less than 65% marks in aggregate for general and 55% of marks for SC/ST/PWD category taking average of all the Semesters/Years, irrespective of the weightage given to any particular semester/year by the Institute/ University. For Geology discipline candidates should have 65% of marks in aggregate for general and 55% marks in aggregate for SC/ST/PWD in both graduation and post graduation level.(The total maximum marks and total marks obtained for all years/semester will be summed up to arrive at aggregate percentage. No rounding off will be done and no weightage will be given to any particular semester or year).
A candidate with full time prescribed degree for the discipline as given below can only apply for the post of Graduate Engineer Trainees(GETs) in the respective disciplines:
|Discipline||Prescribed full time degrees in Engineering|
|Mechanical||Mechanical / Production Engineering|
|Electrical||Electrical/ Power Engineering|
|Instrumentation||Electronics/ Instrumentation/Telecom/Electrical Engineering|
|Chemical||Chemical Engineering/ M. Tech in applied Chemistry|
|Electronics||Electronics/ Instrumentation/Telecom/Electrical Engineering|
|Geology||M. Sc (Geology)|
|Mining||Mining Engineering/ equivalent diploma in Mining Engineering with First class
Metalliferrous Mines Manager’s certificate of competency
Age Limit : Upper Age limit is 30 years as on 31.01.2013 i.e. candidates born before 31.01.1983 need not apply.
- NALCO will be utilizing Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering- 2013 scores(GATE-2013 scores) for recruitment of Graduate Engineer Trainees(GETs) in the above disciplines. Only GATE-2013 score is valid for this recruitment process. Based on the GATE-2013 score and organizational requirement, candidates will be short listed for the Personal Interview.
- Eligible candidates who wish to apply for the position of GETs in the above discipline in NALCO will be required to first apply for appearing in GATE-2013 and thereafter, appear in GATE-2013 as per instructions and timelines notified in GATE-2013 in one of the following relevant GATE paper as detailed below :
|Engineering discipline advertised by NALCO||Corresponding GATE-2013 paper||Corresponding GATE-2013 paper code|
NOTE : Candidates having engineering degree in a branch/discipline other than as specified above are not eligible to apply.
- Based on the valid score of GATE-2013 and organizational requirement, candidates will be short-listed on merit for the personal interview for the positions of Graduate Engineer Trainees(GETs) in the above disciplines. The score is valid only if the candidate obtains more than or equal to the qualifying marks as fixed for the above papers by GATE-2013. The qualifying marks for GATE examination shall be as per the criteria adopted by the GATE-2013 examination conducting authority.
HOW TO APPLY
- GATE-2013 on-line examination is scheduled on 20th January 2013. GATE-2013 off-line examination is scheduled on 10th February 2013.
For detailed information on GATE-2013, interested candidates may log on to www.gate.iitb.ac.in or websites of other IITs and Indian Institute of Science (IISc), Bangalore.
- Candidates need to apply online for GATE-2013 as per the information provided on the GATE-2013 websites. The candidates will receive their GATE-2013 registration number printed on the admit card.
- On receipt of GATE registration number, the candidates need to apply on-line in NALCO indicating their GATE-2013 registration number on the career section of NALCO website(www.nalcoindia.com) from 01/01/2013 to 31/01/2013. Application without valid GATE-2013 registration number will be rejected. Candidates should click on the on-line application link, read the instructions carefully and fill-in the on-line application form giving accurate information.
- While applying on-line, candidate needs to upload the scanned copy of their passport size color photograph, signature which are identical to that they have submitted along with GATE-2013 application and SC/ST/Disability certificate (if applicable). Candidates should ensure that the relevant details i.e. name, date of birth, address, etc entered in NALCO on-line application should be same as entered in the GATE-2013 application. In case , the candidate is called for personal interview, he/she will be required to produce his/her original GATE-2013 admit card and GATE-2013 official score card for verification and other relevant documents which will be communicated through interview call letter.
- A candidate can apply for one post/discipline only. Candidates applying for more than one post/discipline will not be considered.
Important Dates :
|1||Commencement of online submission GATE application for GATE-2013||01.09.2012*|
|2||Last date for online submission of GATE application||30.09.2012*|
|3||Availability of online admit card||05.12.2012*|
|4||GATE -2013 online examination||20.01.2013*|
|5||GATE-2013 off-line examination||10.02.2013*|
|6||Opening of online submission of application for NALCO||01.01.2013|
|7||Last date of submission of online application for NALCO||31.01.2013|
* As per details mentioned in GATE-2013 website
For Detailed Notifications – Check out the Recruitment of Graduate Engineers through GATE-2013 – Notification on NALCO INDIA Career Section.
[ujicountdown id=”TimeToApply” expire=”2013/01/31 00:00″ hide = “true”]